Submitted by Kady on August 12, 2014 - 12:54pm
If you are the administrator of an organization's Google Apps account, you may sometimes need to reset a user's password.
- Go to Google (google.com). (If you are signed in as another account, click the user icon/picture and choose "Sign Out" )
- Click the blue Sign in button in the upper right corner.
- Sign in with your admin account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your Admin email address/id should now appear in the upper right corner where the Sign in button was.
- Once you are signed in, go to www.google.com/a/organizationname.com *
- Click on the Users option on the far left.
- Click on the user who needs their password reset. This should bring you to a page with that user and their options.
- From the icons in the top right, click on the padlock with the arrow. (When you hover over it, it will say "Reset Password".)
- Give your user a new password. If you give them a temporary password, make sure you check that "Require a change of password in the next sign in" box.
- Click the Reset Password button.
- Tell your user their new password.
*Replace "organizationname" with your company's name.