Set up a Pantheon Account
First, make sure you have your own Pantheon Account.
If you don't, go get Pantheon and follow the instructions.
Once you do, make sure you're set up as a team member on a site.
Install Git on your computer. Don't worry about setting up a repository just yet. Just make sure you have Git installed on your computer.
Set up your SSH Key
- Open Git GUI.
- Click on Help > Show SSH Key.
- Click "Copy To Clipboard".
- Go to your Pantheon dashboard and click on "Account".
Now click on "SSH Keys".
- Paste your key into the box and click on "Add Key".
- You're done!
Clone the Pantheon Repo onto your computer
- Right click any folder and select "Git Gui"
- Click "clone existing repository"
- Add your source
Copy the git info from Pantheon:
- Paste it into the "source" box in your Git dialogue.
Be sure to remove the bit at the end so that the Git info ends in a ".git"
Example repository.git richir-outreach - delete richir-outreach
- Add your target
- Browse to the place you want the folder to be and select it then add your folder to the end of the directory field:
- For example, say you have a folder called "git" on your "C:" directory. Navigate there via "browse" and select it. you should see "C:\git" in the "target directory" field. From there you want your repository showing up in a folder called "mywebsite," so just add "/mywebsite" to the end of "C:\git" to make it "C:\git\mywebsite"
- click "Clone"
- Grab a drink because it might take a while.
And you're done!